The Woman’s Club of Lacey organized in 1965, gained approval from the New Jersey State Federation of Women’s Clubs (NJSFWC) of the General Federation of Women’s Clubs (GFWC) and became federated in 1965. The NJSFWC, 8,000+ women statewide, is the largest volunteer women's service organization in the state and a member of the General Federation of Women's Clubs (GFWC). The GFWC, headquartered in Washington DC, provides opportunities for education, leadership training, and community service through participation in local clubs, enabling members to make a difference in the lives of others, one project at a time.
Our Club's membership is comprised of over 130 women from Forked River, Lanoka Harbor, Barnegat, Bayville, Beachwood, Jackson, Lavallette, Little Egg Harbor, Manchester, Whiting, Ocean Gate, Toms River and Waretown, representing 5 (five) decades. With the NJSFWC and the GFWC, we have helped to establish 75 percent of the country's public libraries, developed kindergartens in the public schools, helped initiate the White Phosphorous Match campaign in 1908-1912, helped to initiate the Federal Census (home equipment survey and adult literacy survey), helped to establish the Department of the Interior in conjunction with the protection of our Park Systems, as well as working toward food and drug regulation. We helped to found the N.J. College for Women (Douglass College) and provide Scholarships at Douglass College for: Art & Drama, Literature, Music, Citizenship, Political Science, Education, Nutrition and Science, to name but a few. We helped found the “Developmental Disabilities Center for Autistic Children,” provided and continue to provide grants to Women’s Shelters, saved the Highlands and the Palisades.
The Woman’s Club of Lacey has been a huge success by:
These are just a small sample of the things the Woman’s Club of Lacey has done over the past 50 years …and we would be very happy to have you join us in our future efforts…
…TOGETHER WE MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
And we have a lot of fun doing it!
A non-profit service organization