Woman's Club of Lacey, Inc.
P. O. Box 777, Forked River, New Jersey 08731
A non-profit service organization
Community Service Programs
Advocates for Children
Support for Children in Specialized Hospitals. We are participating in "Operation Smile", a non-profit organization by supporting the needs of the children in these hospitals
Chairwoman: Carol LaVelle
Arts & Culture
Craft projects done at meetings and for community service programs.
Chairwomen: Diane Monia
Promote and organize musical events for members and the community.
Chairwoman: Jeanne Scafiddi
Meets - TBA
Civic Engagement and Outreach
N.J. Sharing Network / Wrapped in Love Program - This committee asks for participation by knitting or crocheting lap blankets for men and women. Provides education on Organ and Tissue Donation.
Chairwoman: Jo Facciolli
- Intergeneration Project with Girl Scouts of America - Members join the Girl Scout with various projects which serve the community.
- Holiday Stockings - Chairwoman: Carol LeValle
Domestic and Sexual Violence Awareness and Prevention
Members work to support State and Local organizations.
Chairwoman: Maddie Stapleton
- Prevent Child Abuse: Pinwheel Garden
- Providence House - Chairwoman:
- Covenant House - Chairwoman: TBA
Education and Libraries - Devoted to continuing education as well as providing scholarships to Lacey Township High School graduating students and sending Lacey Township High School girls to Douglass College Girls Career Institute each year.
- Bridge of Books - Chairwoman: Debbie Smith
- Girls Career Institute - Each spring a high school junior is selected to attend a 3 day educational experience/introduction to college life at Douglass College. This is paid for by the Chairwomen: Sheila Anderson and Monika Sisbarro
- Monthly Book Club - Members of the book club read a given book each month from a pre-determined list and then discuss the book at the next meeting. The book club also sell and send out “Santa Letters”. Book list 2023
Meets 3rd Tuesday at 12:00 p.m.
$2.00 donation requested at the door Chairwomen: Nancy Conway and Fran Celentano
- Read Across America - Chairwoman: Debbie Smith
- Scholarships - Chairwoman: Diane Bauernhuber
- This committee works to protect, preserve, enhance and beautify the environment around them. Throughout the year the committee works on various projects and encourages members to reuse and recycle.
Chairwomen: Joyce Huffert and Diane Moser,
Meetings TBA. Donation, if any, TBA
- This committee supports the Popcorn Park Zoo
Chairwomen: Lil Campbell, Rachel Clemmer and Rae Mauri
Health and Wellness
- Home Life - We collect tabs from soda cans, Cell phones, We also participate in the October Cookie Day for a local nursing home and "Help a Lacey Neighbor" program.
Chairwomen: Carol Jones and Sheila Anderson
- Nursing Home - Our members support residents at Crystal Lake Nursing Home in various ways. Chairwoman: Chris Rakowski-Bielick
- Food Bank - Club collects food donations at each general meeting.
Chairwoman: Carol Crotty